Please donate your gently used or new clothing for migrant farmworkers.
We accept CLEAN & WASHED items only. No stains or ripped clothing accepted.
Priority Items for summer: Other items:
Long sleeve button shirts, Medium & Large
Jeans & work pants sizes 32 - 36
NEW underwear (in pkg.)
NEW socks (in pkg)
Rain coats & pants
No Luggage, a True Story
In February of 2018, a group of nine Mexican farmworkers got off the plane at Pearson International Airport. It was the first time in Canada for several of them. Two of the men had no luggage or bags. No one owned a winter coat. They were here to work and earn money, so their wallets were empty.
Their first stop was McDonalds for some food, which their employer paid for. Their next stop was St. Alban’s Anglican Church in Beamsville where they were able to get winter coats and boots at no charge.
The two men who had nothing but what they were wearing also received welcome bags with a shaver, toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, work gloves and other personal care items.
Please give your gently used or new winter clothing for male and female migrant farmworkers so we distribute it free of charge because, like the above story shares,
- Many migrant farmworkers arrive in winter for greenhouse work which is cold in winter and hot in summer
- Often migrant workers can’t buy suitable clothes at home
- Most have empty pockets and a long wait before they get paid and can shop
- Many are isolated by language, distance from supplies and work 10-12 hour days
- Our farms are vital to our economy
- Farms need migrant farmworkers
how to DONATE
To donate gently used clothing or new toiletries please contact email@example.com
Support Migrant Farmworkers in Niagara
Your gifts of finances, time and sharing your relationship make a differance in the lives of Migrant Farmworkers.